Monday, January 30, 2012

Self-care Sunday

This past week has been a hard one for me. I've been working the night shift from 10pm to 6am which hasn't been easy for me. I feel like I've been walking around like a zombie and my body is working and doing stuff, but my brain in nowhere to be found. The week has just flown past me and I can hardly remember anything I've said or done (great excuse, huh?). I don't understand how some people can do this for a long time. Not only that, I'm on a totally different schedule from the rest of the world and so when others are doing stuff, I'm sleeping and the other way around. Well, at least I know this is only temporary so it's not that bad.

I was able to drag myself out of bed "early" (1pm) on Thursday to go meet up with my sister's best friend, Patisse. She's going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and asked me if I could make her a dress. We tried to look for inspiration and come up with something simple, yet stunning. We found perfect fabrics after a long (long!) time in the fabric store and came up with a lovely design, so that's next on my to-do list!

Fabrics we chose for the dress.
This week's self-pamper day (aka Sunday) was just what I needed. For the longest time now I've had a habit of spending Sunday as a self-care day. It's perfect because I get all the things I don't have time for during the week out of the way and it's just so stress-free and gets me ready for the upcoming week both physically and mentally.

I started the day with a nice breakfast, followed by a Yogalates class.

My morning doesn't start without one of these.
My breakfast: rye bread, egg, kiwi, banana bread and some yoghurt with blueberries, granola & honey.


A new class at my gym called Yogalates, combining Yoga and Pilates. It was really nice.

In the evening my godmother invited me over to paint since she's an artist. It was really relaxing and fun. Later on I stopped at my friend Nina's house. My lazy Sunday ended perfectly when I got home and warmed up our sauna.

At my godmothers house.



She had made us pancakes. So good!

Shower gel and cream I use. I love The Body Shop. The coconut is my favorite.

My favorite shampoo and deep conditioning. I've noticed a huge difference since I started using these.

A basic whole body scrub.

Chocolate & strawberry face mask!

I have a routine of putting coconut oil in my hair & scalp the night before I wash my hair. It conditions my hair and I swear it helps it grow faster, since my ends aren't breaking off.

I can't help but to buy a new one every time I see a color I like...



That all for today. Now I'm off to watch Modern Family and drink some tea, since I don't have to wake up early tomorrow. Nighty night! :)


pic sats.fi

No comments:

Post a Comment