Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My day as a makeup artist

Last night I saw my Finland girls and before leaving the house, we got a great idea to "make-over" one of us, Anette.. She's a naturally beautiful and sporty girl, who has never really used make-up or done a make-up by herself, so I did her make-up and showed her what to do. Ever since I saw the movie "Clueless", I've wanted to do make-overs to people.. so much fun! So finally had a chance to play make-up artist and give her some tips! I've did make-up before for my sister and some friends, but I surely am not a professional, lol. It was really fun! And we thought the end result was amazing too!


Natural look before any makeup or hair products

Another natural picture

I started with her foundation, I explained to her what I was doing while i was doing each step

Lotta did her hair; she added some products and flat ironed it all the way straight

I started by applying makeup powder, which can be used as foundation. I told her that you can use a concealer to cover up  "errors" in the skin, a brightening pen/highlighter to highlight certain parts of the face or a complexion enhancer. I also added powder to finish it off.

After the foundation and powder, I started with the eyes. I made the inner eye lid light and the outer lid darker. 

Here the eye shadow is done. I used beige, golden, light purple, and dark purple shades.

After that, it was time for the eye liner. I used a liquid eye liner to the upper lids and a pencil eye liner for the lower lids. 
I like quite a thick lining on my lids, but it really depends on the shape of your eyes.

 After that was done, I shaped her eye brows and used a brown shade to give them color.

Last but not least, I applied mascara on her upper lashes.

Then, I added pink blush on her cheeks and some lipgloss that was clear with a shade of pink.

And here is the end result of the makeup..beautiful!

Me setting her hair

This is the finished package. Makeup by me, hair and styling by Lotta.

Loving the look...ready for dinner!

My look was quite "basic": quick day make-up; shirt and jacket from H&M, pants from Zara,

Fun times!



No comments:

Post a Comment