Sunday, January 8, 2012

Paradise part 2











Back in snowy Finland :( The two weeks went past so fast and it feels like it was yesterday that we took a taxi to the airport to leave. This was definitely one of the best vacations I've had and I can warmly recommend India to everyone. It was great to spend quality time with the family and enjoy the sun for a change. I also liked the fact that even though Varkala beach is full of foreigners, it's not as "touristy" as most places and very many of the people there are backpackers. 
The flights took over 20 hours all together (Kochi-Chennai-Brussels-Helsinki) but they went by very quickly watching movies and sleeping.
  

Here are a few more pictures from Varkala:


Varkala beach, India


Shirt made by me, shorts Levi's, shoes h&m, bag Zara

It was heartbreaking how many stray dogs there were.

Kochi, India
T-shirt  Bershka, bag Zara, pants h&m, sandals Bianco


My sister and I both bought paintings from this amazing artist.

The fabric stores in India were soo nice and colorful, not to mention super cheap.

This pepper farmer (in Ponmudi, India) gave us coconut water.


A beautiful waterfall place in Kerala


Shirt Forever21, shorts fashion district, Downtown LA, shoes h&m, bag River Island

Our favourite massage place in Varkala.

Some ritual that took place on the beach every morning.

A mother and a child on the beach.

Maybe it's better not to go see the kitchen of the restaurant you've eaten at on several occasions.


Ewww...

New Year's performance.
This one was pretty interesting..


Our hotel in Varkala.

The food on New Year's was so good.





My family and I went elephant riding..So much fun.

A little one called Shiva.




Anyway, my sister and I started to talk and had a great idea! We thought it would be fun if she would write on this blog too. She's attending school in L.A. and has been living there for about two years now. So, she'll be writing from there while I'm writing from Finland!

My sister, Jennine and me.





2 comments:

  1. J'adore toutes vos photos. Elles sont MAGNIFIQUES. Yall just made me wanna have a trip in many countries in the upcoming summer. lol.
    Jen, I hate you for making me see this blog. Yall post more pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Luda!!! Je suis heureuse pour tes mots lol. Traveling is soo much fun and useful, I love it! Haha, we will be posting a lot of stuff so stay tuned! :) Let me know, if there's something you wanna know/read about!

    ReplyDelete