Monday, January 23, 2012

Working out!

Since I've "cleaned up" my diet, I've also started working out more. The thing I love about SoCal is that working out outside is so easy! For me, gym gets a little boring, so I've been doing hiking outside, yoga and gym. Each week I try to do a couple yoga classes, Santa Monica stairs, which is a lot of stairs to go up and down, Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook, which is stairs and a hiking trail, Runyon Canyon, a hiking place with many trails, and the gym to do cardio and some weight lifting. Varying the workouts keeps the body guessing and I've already started seeing results.

In the mornings, before breakfast, I usually do 30 mins cardio at the gym or go to the Baldwin Hills stairs. In the afternoon I prefer a yoga class, especially yoga sculpt which also includes weights in a 90 degree room..super intensive(!), Santa Monica stairs, or Runyon Canyon. I really enjoy the pretty scenery while working out, almost doesn't feel like a workout!

My usual workout places:
View from the trail

Downtown L.A. and Hollywood

"Resting" point

Stairs



The way down the hill


Pretty houses on the hills


Pretty Los Angeles

Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook stairs


On the top of the stairs at Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook

The trail going down


Santa Monica stairs

Starting a good workout with Selam

This is one intense workout!


Yoga sculpt is intense...weights and a heated room!


2 comments: