Sunday, January 15, 2012

Skin care

The older you grow, the more you need to focus on skin care... Personally, I've noticed that since moving to L.A. where the air is way more congested than in Finland, I've need to use different products than I used to..and definitely get more facials! You also need to take into consideration the type of skin you have and use products accordingly. I have oily to combination skin, which means it's oily but the surface is dry and one of my estheticians recommended a great skin care line 'Ayur-medic', which I've since then included in my skin care product-family.

The skin care products I use the most currently


I use the Ayur-medic cleanser and facial cream daily and it leaves the skin feeling nice and "dry" but not too dry. A lot of facial creams leave the skin really "creamy" and this product doesn't, I really like that.
The cream that I use, especially at night



Another product line that I love is Clinique!!! I've used a lot of their products (cleansers, creams, toners and make-up) and their all pretty great. Currently, I use the 'Moisture Surge' series, which really moisturizes the skin well and leaves it feeling smooth. My mom introduced the facial cream to me years ago and I've been using it ever since. One of my best friends gave me the 'Moisture Surge Face Spray' and it's great! I use it when I'm on long flights and the skin gets super dry. I spray in straight on the face and spread it with a cotton ball. It's my saviour for long flights!
                                                                                     The Clinique 'Moisture Surge' skin care line


Another great product is one that one of my friends showed and recommended to me..the OroGold 24k Deep Peeling, which actually has gold in it!!! I use this peel once or twice a week (trying not to use it too much right now coz I have a tan :) ) and it really peels off the dead skin. Feels really nice! I also have the OroGold Deep Day moisturizer cream, which is recommended to use after the peel.
                                                                                            OroGold 24k Deep Peeling


The newest add is the 'Triple Oxygen' products from Bliss. An esthetician there recommended it to me and right before I left to India I saw the travel pack at Sephora. It was the perfect size for traveling so I took it there and it was perfect for the climate there! It was really humid and hot in India so it was suitable coz it was so moisturizing.


                                                                                     Bliss Triple Oxygen products


In addition to these, a body scrub that I found to be good is Seacret Body Salt and Scrub. I use it once a week and it leaves the body sooo smooth! Love it.


Source: www.seacretdirect.com    
My own just finished




The nail color for the week is: OPI Shootout at the O.K. Coral...sooo cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment