Sunday, January 15, 2012

Palak Paneer

Ever since we got back from India I've been craving Indian food like crazy. Palak paneer in particular, a popular Indian dish I ate pretty much every day we were there. I thought I'd attempt to make it at home. It turned out really well, not as spicy as I would've liked but still good. Here's the recipe, if anyone wants to try this simple, quick and delicious recipe at home:

All you need is:      
    
      4 servings




  • 500g fresh spinach
  • 250g Ingman tuorejuusto (to replace the Paneer - Indian "cottage cheese")
  • 50g tomato puree
  • 2 onions
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • salt and pepper


After boiling the spinach for about 5 minutes, blend it in a food processor. Meanwhile, cut the onion up and fry it with the garlic until golden brown. 


Take the onion away from the frying pan and fry the cheese in oil.


Add everything, including the spices together. Add in a cup of water. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.




End result.



As a side dish I made some oven-baked brussel sprouts (in balsamic vinegar), rice and plain yoghurt mixed with garlic and cucumber slices.


And let's not forget about dessert. My version of Cinnabons. Yum!

Today's outfit
Oversized knit Kappahl, Jeans Carlings, Wedges L.A. 
Today I decided to wear these heels I got from my sister for Christmas. I love them so much + they're really comfortable!

I also went to check out the sales at Kappahl and found this ring, necklace and the cardigan on sale!



During the winters in Finland, big knits are pretty much all I wear so this was a perfect find.

No comments:

Post a Comment