Saturday, January 28, 2012

Eating out & good restaurants

In L.A., everyone eats out all the time, which is definitely different from Finland where people eat at the house a lot and don't go to restaurants as often. Out here there are so many different types of restaurants and you can find almost any kind of food from all around the world.

I've grown to love certain restaurants out here and recommend them to friends and people who ask me about good restaurants out here. My favorites are Mastro's, Katsuya, Mr. Chow, Chart House, Philippe Chow, Boa and Toast. Some other good ones are Katana, Crustacean's, and Geisha House. Mastro's has the best steaks, sea food appetizers and cocktails, it is my absolute favorite restaurant. Boa has great steak as well. Katsuya, Mr. Chow and Philippe Chow are all Asian-styled restaurants, and really tasty as well. Crustacean's and Geisha House fall in the "Asian"-styled as well. Chart House has great sea food and the locations are right by the beach, so the view is beautiful. Toast is more casual breakfast place, which is a must-see if you visit Los Angeles. All these restaurants have a nice atmosphere, good service and awesome food.

The best shrimp appetizer ever at Mastro's!!!

Steak and asparagus at Mastro's. The food is so filling that there is never room for dessert.


They have delicious cocktails..This one had smoke coming out of it and Finlandia vodka!

This "sushi" appetizer at Crustacean was pretty good, it's a "light", low-card version.

Sea food at Crustacean's.


The chicken satays at Philippe Chow's and Mr Chow's are theee best! A must-have.

Philippe Chow

Kung pao chicken

Beef and broccoli

Chocolate-covered strawberries at Bellagio is Las Vegas...most delicious treats I've ever had.

One of the best Caesar salads I've had..also at Bellagio

View from one of the Chart House locations

"The favorite" from Toast

Egg whites, avocados, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach..so good!

The berry cup from Toast

What I usually make for dinner on the week

Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chicken, and a little goat cheese

Caprese..mozzarella, tomato, olive oil and basil

4 comments:

  1. Putain! When I see food, I'm always happy. Looooove all these foods especially "The favorite" from Toast. Lol. Kung Pao chicken looks good too. Jenine, you killing me with these food pics. Maybe I shouldnt come see your blog anymore. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah me too!! You must enjoy the pics haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn all this food is making me hungry lol, but I love it! Nice3 blog!

    ReplyDelete