Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sun in the sky you know how I feel

What a beautiful day it's been. The sun has been shining all day and it's pretty warm outside. I think the worst is over and spring has finally begun! I woke up really late today and was feeling pretty tired from last night so I felt like lounging in the house all day, but thankfully forced myself to go outside and enjoy the sun!

Here's my outfit from the night before:

Shirt Forver21, jeans Dr denim, shoes Bianco

Today I finally decided to get a new phone. My old phone gave up and broke for the millionth time. I swear, that phone is like a cockroach...I've dropped it on the floor and gotten it wet so many times I've stopped counting and it's given up working multiple times but it always recovers in some miraculous way! This time the backlight stopped working so I thought, maybe it's time to buy a new one.


I'm a firm Apple supporter and really felt like buying the 4S, but instead I bought this one.


I also decided to check out this new outlet they opened near my house. It's called Oh My Gosh and they sell a lot of brands, including Converse, Dr. Martens, Lee, CTRL and Wrangler. The selection was pretty good and I found a top and a pair of jeans:






After I was done shopping I decided to try this class at my gym called Nike Training Club: Get strong!


They have these classes at my gym for a couple of months every now and then and I heard they're really tough so I wanted to see for myself. All I can say is oh my goodness! The class consisted mostly of different types of squats, planks and jumps. I can't remember the last time I was sweating that much but I'm definitely going to try it again.

I was so hungry when I got home so I decided to try this new recipe I found:

Sweet Potato Soup:

  •  2 yellow bell peppers
  • 1/4 celery stick
  • 1/2 parsnip
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1 onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • salt
  • cayenne pepper
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 200g paprika cream cheese
  •  1,5 l water

     On top:

  •  100g cashews
  • oil
  • chili powder
 Directions:

1. Peel and dice all the vegetables up.


2.Cut bell peppers in halves and remove seeds. Grill them (or use the grill setting in your oven) for about     20 minutes, or until the skin can be removed.

2. Fry the onions and the garlic until brown. Add all the rest of the vegetables, the lemon juice, spices and the water. Let boil for 30 minutes.

3. Puree everything & add cream cheese.

4. Fry cashews in oil, add chili powder.



-Suvi

No comments:

Post a Comment