Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gratitude

All of us have moments when we feel like life is unfair, stressful, painful, terrible, bad and many other negative adjectives. We all go through trials and tribulations, and all of us have some kinds of problems - some have smaller ones and some larger, everything is relative. Still, I think that if you have all your limbs, your sight and your hearing, you are MORE than blessed. Without health, life REALLY is harder. Without the newest trends or gadgets, hmm -not really that hard, don't you think?

A while back, I found this great picture on the internet. It is something I try to think about every day and especially at times when I feel like complaining about something petty.



The whole text from which this one came can be found on http://www.angelfire.com/hi/TheSeer/perspective.html on the bottom of the page. It's called "World Reality Check"...what a great title! 

We should always try and remain grateful of the things we do have. I'm a firm believer that we can also attract things to our own lives - positive and negative. The book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, is my favorite and I can never get enough of its message. One of my girls recommended the same author's "The Secret Gratitude Book" to me a while back and I finally bought it a couple weeks ago. I try to remember to write the things I'm grateful for in this little book every night. When you put you gratitude into the universe, you will continue to have things to be grateful about. Also, Ive been hearing about the "Power of Now" for the longest time and I finally bought it! Can't wait to really get into it.




My new Gratitude Book and a pen I bought from India

Here's a really amazing and touching video I saw a while ago: "She without arm, he without leg". Very inspiring.


Enjoy your weekend! :)

-Jennine

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post Jennine! Thank you for the kind reminder to be grateful for what we do have, and to make the most of it. Please let me know how the Power of Know is, I would love to read it sometime.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy Anthony!! Thanks! :) Exactly, it's hard to keep that in mind sometimes! i'll let you know as soon as I finish!

    ReplyDelete