Thursday, February 2, 2012

Protein Pancakes

I feel awesome!! I got home a while ago from the gym and the supermarket. I forced myself to get up at 6am this morning to go to a morning spinning class and try the new TRX system at my gym. Not gonna lie, I felt like crap driving to the gym in the -20 weather but it was so worth it. Not only did I get a really good workout in, but for once I actually have time to do something before I go to work. I'm thinking sauna + cleaning my room.

Nike Free Run,  the most comfortable running shoes ever!
On another note, I went to this food seminare at my gym last weekend and although it was pretty basic stuff everyone already knows about, it reminded me to pay more attention to a few things. The biggest things were about 1) getting enough protein in my diet and 2) eating within 30 minutes post-workout. Sure I already knew this, but I tend to forget the importance of it. The seminare made me realize I could have gotten so much more results if I would've payed more attention to it. Sometimes it can be around 3 hours before I eat after working out because I'm not hungry at all and I know that's very bad. I also know, that as a vegetarian it's not as easy to get enough protein in your diet, so you have to get creative. Ever since the seminare I've been trying to get at least a 100 g of protein daily, which is a challenge for me. I bought a big package of whey protein last year, but I'm pretty bad when it comes to using it. It tastes good and all, but I just feel like protein powders are filled with chemicals so I try to steer clear of them. However, I really want to get the maximum results from my workouts so I'm gonna eat it as much as I can. I found this great recipe for some Tone It Up Protein Pancakes from sarahfit.com and I've been making them every day. It's made this whole thing so much easier. Here's the recipe:

  • 1 scoop of protein powder
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3 tbsp maitorahka / 0% greek yoghurt
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (pellavansiemen)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
It's that simple. The pancakes are delicious, not to mention super filling. 

Cinnamon & ground flaxseed
Milk and curd(??) 

Just mix everything together..




 One pancake has 250 kcal and 40g of protein.


 
Hope you have a great day!

-Suvi

2 comments:

  1. Suv suv! Osta sellasta protsku jauhoo ku lady jotain lol Sitä saa life myymälöistä ja siin ei oo mitään kemikaaleja! Se on naisille suuniteltuu palautus juoma -sim sima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heei kiitti vinkistä sim sim! I have to check it out, kun en viitti syödä tota niin paljoo..

    ReplyDelete