Friday, March 9, 2012

Women's Day!

Happy Women's Day to all the wonderful women everywhere! You are ALL beautiful, priceless and important! I really love being a women and I enjoy this holiday. I remember last year, it was funny because my significant other who is from the States had never heard about it and thought I was making it up. I really haven't seen or heard anyone talking about Women's Day here in the States, even though I thought it was an International holiday? Maybe not. I was still happy when he remembered it, bought me flowers, and took me out to dinner and shopping.

Women's day is a great opportunity for women to enjoy all the things that women can do: be feminine, use pretty clothes, pamper themselves and whatever feels good! It's also nice when men acknowledge women on this day.




I started off my Women's Day by going to get a laser treatment. I'm so excited that I finally started doing the laser hair removal to all the parts I don't like hair growth in. My hair is very thick, since I'm half Nigerian, and it grows fast in certain areas. Also, since I have such a low tolerance for pain, waxing and sugaring have been so painful and inconvenient for the past years. I started a 1-year treatment for my underarms and brazilian bikini area, and those are the only two areas that really bother me so I'm really happy!

I'll be coming here every 5 weeks for the next year.


This is what the procedure looks like. Takes only a couple minutes! (Source: http://www.girlishh.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/laser-hair-removal2.jpg)

I went for a little hike after my laser appointment.

My favorite view from Runyon Canyon! It was such a nice and sunny day today!

After Runyon, it was time to get my nails done. They were sooo overdue!

O.P.I. "Peel here" ...one of my favorite colors ever!!!

The color doesn't show that well in pics, but it's silver & gold with tiny red/copper dots.

Also had a great yoga sculpt class & now time for dinner!

Sending love to all my ladies!

Women should really support each other and work together more!
(Source: http://youngwomenmisbehavin.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/womenday.gif?w=388&h=278)

We can!
(Source: http://popcultureplaypen.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/womens-day.jpg)

-Jennine

No comments:

Post a Comment